October 29, 2013

Review: Invisible by Jeanne Bannon

Summary-
Lola’s not pretty. Lola’s not popular. Lola wishes she could disappear … and then one day she does just that...

For seventeen-year-old Lola Savullo, life is a struggle. Born to funky parents who are more in than she could ever be, Lola’s dream of becoming a writer makes her an outsider even in her own home. Bullied and despised, Lola still has the support of her best pal Charlie and Grandma Rose.
Not only is she freakishly tall, Lola’s a big girl and when forced to wear a bathing suit at her summer job as a camp counselor, Lola’s only escape from deep embarrassment seems to be to literally vanish. Soon after, she discovers the roots of her new “ability”.
Slowly, with Charlie’s help, Lola learns to control the new super power. The possibilities are endless. Yet power can be abused, too…
Then, when tragedy strikes, Lola must summon her inner strength, both at home and at school. She has to stand up for herself, despite the temptations and possibilities of her newfound super power.
A coming-of-age story that will warm the heart.
 
Review-
I really related to this book because I am self-conscious and wish I had a better self-esteem. Sometimes I wish I was invisible and nobody could see me when i get embarrassed. I like how she grew major self esteem by the end of the book. And I hope one day I can have the self esteem like her!
 
Publisher- Solstice Publishing            
Reviewers Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Sierra Wells(Student at Franklin High School)
Thanks to the Publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!!!







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)